Tripoli & The Cedars
Cultural & Heritage Experience
The tour starts with the visit of the second largest city of Lebanon Tripoli, a modern city known to have preserved jealously its medieval old religious edifices and public buildings. In the old town you can see the Crusader Castle of Raymond de St. Gilles, Mosques from Mameluks period, Koranic schools, oriental Bazaars & Souks and the Turkish bath named “Hamman Izzeddine”. Continue the tour towards the Cedars, known for its beautiful pine trees forest from biblical times lying at an altitude of 1600 to 2000 meters above the sea level. The Cedars area is also known for its winter skiing resort. The road to the Cedars passes through the magnificent Kadisha Valley, the picturesque villages of Zghorta and Ehden leading you to Besharre the hometown of the famous international poet Gibran Khalil Gibran of Lebanese origin. Visit the museum and learn about the poet’s work.
- Explore the highlights of Tripoli including Citadel of Saint Gilles, Mosques, Old souks, Hammam and Khans.
- Stop at the village of Besharre and visit Gebran museum.
- Explore The Cedars of God forest and enjoy a short hike between the old trees.
- English- French- Arabic- Russian- German- Spanish- Portuguese- Italian
ValidityFrom March to December
InterestElders & Young
Level of ComfortMedium
Opening Hours & Days:
- Gibran Khalil Gibran Museum Closes on Monday
- It is recommended to avoid the visit to Tripoli on Friday