Sidon & Tyre
Cultural & Heritage Experience
Drive South of Beirut along the coast to Sidon. The visits start with the “Castle of the Sea” a crusader’s castle of the 13th century then proceed to Khan El-Franj, a typical Caravan Serail, the old covered souks and Audi Soap museum. Continue further down the southern coast to Tyre to visit the Necropolis excavations, the Monumental Arch and the spectacular hippodrome, the second largest and best preserved of the Roman era. Two kilometers ahead, visit of the imperial city excavation which offers a majestic avenue toward the sea giving access to the residential area with its remarkable designed public monuments.
- Discover the sea castle of the city of Sidon and enjoy the view of the sea.
- Visit the Soap museum of Sidon, Khan El Franj, Wander the old souks of Sidon.
- Explore the UNESCO-listed archeological sites of Tyre including the hippodrome, the necropolis.
- Stroll in old Tyre and visit the seaside of the old city.
- English- French- Arabic- Russian- German- Spanish- Portuguese- Italian
ValidityAll year round
InterestElders & Young
Level of ComfortEasy
Opening Hours & Days:
- It is recommended to avoid the visit to Sidon on Friday