Maasser El Chouf
Gems of Lebanon Experience
Start your visit with a breakfast at the local bakery of the Maasser esh-Shouf. Continue by learning how old colored floor tiles are made and how our ancestors used to operate an old olive oil press. Discover a family size local winery and taste local dishes prepared by the local community. During your visit to this village we want you to get acquainted with the synergy that is installed between the Shouf Cedar Biosphere Reserve and the local inhabitants to implement the “Integrated Management of Ecosystems” that leads to a more resilient agro-forest in harmony with the conservation efforts inside the nature reserve. All local transfers are planned with electrical kart vehicle to minimize the CO2 impact of our visit.
- Understand the synergy between conservation efforts deployed by the nature reserve and local economy at the community level.
- How old tiles and candles are made.
- Discover local wine and food recipes.
- English- Arabic-Armenian
Departure Time8:00 a.m.
Return Time7:00 p.m.
ValidityMarch to November
InterestElders & Young
Level of ComfortMedium
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Local Tour Guide
- Tour Leader
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Minimum Group number to operate this tour is 6 and maximum 12 persons.
- Sometimes and due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur.
- Rates quoted by SAAD Tours are subject to change without any prior notice, in case of any sudden increase in VAT, fuel price, hotel rates or entrance fees.