Jeita Grotto, Harissa & Byblos
Cultural, Nature & Religious Experience
Drive north on the slopes of Mount Lebanon to Jeita Grotto, one of Lebanon’s most unusual tourist attractions, an enormous cavern festooned with every shape and size of stalactite and stalagmite. Continue the journey to the village of Harissa, where you will visit the “Lady of Lebanon” Cathedral and enjoy the superb view of the Mediterranean with Beirut’s and Jounieh’s Bays. Then continue to Byblos one of the oldest continuously-inhabited cities in the world. Byblos is today a very charming city distinguished for its gorgeous ancient harbor, seaside fish restaurants, ancient souks, and charming residential neighborhoods, which date back to the Middle Ages, as well as an absolutely enormous wealth of historic sites and ruins. Not far from the sea, protected by an oasis of greenery and a few old houses, close to the souk of Byblos, stands the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist commonly known today by Saint Jean Marc.
- Discover the marvelous Jeita Grotto and experience a boat trip inside the lower cave.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Jounieh Bay while experiencing the gondola-lift from Harissa to Jounieh.
- Stroll in the old souks of Byblos and visit Byblos Citadel, Fossil Shop & Byblos old port, and St Jean Marc Church.
- English- French- Arabic- Russian- German- Spanish- Portuguese- Italian
ValidityAll year round
InterestElders & Young
Level of ComfortEasy
Opening Hours & Days:
- Jeita Grotto & Cable Car Close on Mondays