Cultural & Heritage Experience
Early departure to Beqaa Valley, on the way you will notice the magnificent Bekaa plain. Once in Anjar, enjoy a full tour to check out its main spring, the old watermills dating back to the foundations of the settlement and experience the newly delineated trails to discover the Forestry Park which is considered one of the rarest re-forestation areas of the Anti-Lebanon mountain range, considering its flora and fauna diversity and its spectacular natural sights, and a magnificent viewing point over the plains. Enjoy a farming activity in an organic farm with the locals. After this, a short walk in the French design town visiting an old French design house. Enjoy local Armenian Lunch. Afternoon visit to the unique fortified city in Lebanon built as early as the 8th century by the Umayyad Caliph of Damascus. It is known to be “The Palace of the desert”. Anjar was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984.
Optional visits to Anjar Ethnographical Museum and Armenian Contemporary art Gallery, both inaugurated in 2019.
Return back to Beirut
- Enjoy a short hike with Farming Activity.
- Admire the preserved Umayyad archeological UNESCO site.
- Walk in the Armenian French Design Town.
- Experience authentic Armenian dishes prepared by the local community.
- English- Arabic-Armenian
Departure Time8:00 a.m.
Return Time7:00 p.m.
ValidityMarch to December
InterestElders & Young
Level of ComfortMedium
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Local Tour Guide
- Tour Leader
- Entrance fees: Anjar Ruins
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Minimum Group number to operate this tour is 6 and maximum 12 persons.
- Sometimes and due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur.
- Rates quoted by SAAD Tours are subject to change without any prior notice, in case of any sudden increase in VAT, fuel price, hotel rates or entrance fees.